Newly Re-branded Vehicular Natural Gas Engine Oils
Effective November 1, 2012, Phillips 66 Lubricants is launching its newly re-branded heavy duty vehicular natural gas engine oils, tri-branded Guardol® NG and Kendall Super-D® NG, for compressed natural gas (CNG) or liquefied natural gas (LNG) powered heavy duty trucks. Both products are relpacements for 76 Triton® VGEO Plus, which is being discontinued, but the formulation has remained unchanged.
Lubricants for natural gas-fired engines must provide enhanced wear protection to protect against a variety of different conditions. Tri-branded Guardol NG and Kendall Super-D NG exceed these requirements and offer the following benefits:
- Temperature control (as natural gas burns hotter)
- Improved oxidation control
- Balanced ash content (to prevent valve stem deposits and reduce valve seat recession)
- Exhaust after treatment protection
- Shear stability
- Superior protection against scuffing, wear, rust and corrosion
- Outstanding foam, aeration and nitration resistance
- Protection against sludge and varnish formation
These lubricants will be available November 1 for order entry for bulk and drum product shipments. Gallon jug availability will follow in approximately 30-60 days.