Extreme-Pressure Lithium Complex Grease With 5% Moly For Mining & Off-Road Equipment
Megaplex XD5 is a high-performance, multipurpose, extreme-pressure (EP) lithium complex grease developed to satisfy the severe lubrication requirements of mining and off-road equipment manufactured by Caterpillar, Terex, Komatsu Dresser and others. It is particularly recommended for use in AC and DC electric-drive haul trucks, cranes, scrapers, shovels and drag lines operating in severe service under heavy or shock loads.
Megaplex XD5 is manufactured with high-quality base oils, a special polymer and a lithium complex soap thickener. It is fortified with extreme-pressure and antiwear additives, 5% molybdenum disulfide (moly), a tackifier, and rust and oxidation inhibitors to provide excellent wear protection as well as excellent corrosion protection and resistance to water washout in equipment operating under wet conditions and/or high temperatures and subject to heavy or shock loading.
Megaplex XD5 Grades No. 0 and No. 1W are formulated with lower-viscosity base oils than the other two grades for better pumpability at low ambient temperatures.
- Chassis parts and wheel bearings on mining and other off-highway equipment
- Hydraulic excavator mining shovels, such as Caterpillar 5100 & 5200 series
- Mine haul trucks
- Heavily loaded plain and rolling-element bearings in industrial and mobile equipment where the manufacturer specifies a high temperature, extreme-pressure grease with 5% moly
Features & Benefits
- High dropping point (500°F)
- High load-carrying capacity
- Excellent wear protection
- Contains 5% moly for extra protection against galling and wear under shock loads
- Excellent resistance to water washout
- Excellent resistance to separation
- Protects against rust and corrosion