Phillips 66 Commercial Lubricants Division guarantees that its branded lubricants meet or exceed the specifications stated by Phillips 66 for each product, and that they are free from defects. Therefore, Phillips 66 will pay for parts and labor deemed reasonably necessary to repair damage to engines or other pieces of equipment if it can be demonstrated that the damage was caused solely and directly by a breach of this warranty by Phillips 66.
This warranty protects your equipment against lubricant-related failure as long as:
- It is serviced with a Phillips 66-branded lubricant, provided the equipment is used under normal operating conditions and maintained according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- The product used is confirmed by Phillips 66 to be one of its branded lubricants.
- The product used is the correct lubricant for your application.
- The engine or equipment was operated as specified by the engine or equipment manufacturer maintenance schedule.
- The lubricant was changed as specified by the engine or equipment manufacturer maintenance schedule.
- Written documentation or maintenance records are provided that show the engine or equipment was serviced and maintained at regular intervals as specified by the manufacturer.
- The proper lubricant level has been maintained in the engine or equipment through documentation of frequency of oil make-up.
- A historical record of lubricant brands and types used during the life of the engine or equipment is provided, including the date of last use prior to switching to the Phillips 66-branded lubricant.
- Phillips 66 is provided with a new and used sample of the stated lubricant, with the plant fill codes that are believed to be the cause of the engine or equipment failure, and Phillips 66 personnel are allowed to inspect the damaged engine or equipment, take samples, and perform lab tests on the samples.
- Prompt notice of the problem is given to allow Phillips 66 to investigate the problem.
- This warranty shall be void if: (1) the wrong Phillips 66 lubricant is used for the application; (2) the damage is related to use of other competitive lubricants; (3) the damage is related to engine or equipment modification; or (4) the owner/operator has failed to operate or maintain the engine or equipment as required by the manufacturer.
PHILLIPS 66 IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR (AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR) SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES. THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES REGARDING OUR BRANDED LUBRICANTS, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
To submit a claim under this warranty, please contact your Marketer Sales Representative, Lube Engineer or our Hot Line Consultant at 1-877-445-9198 to report the problem so we can resolve it promptly.
Download PDF Warranty
Download a warranty PDF by clicking on the corresponding logo below.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print PDF files. Click on the image below for free download